Health Savings Account (HSA) participants can use their HSA funds to pay for qualified health care expenses such as deductibles and prescription drugs. What many don’t know is that HSA funds can also cover these commonly used products and services:
- Dental treatment
- Pregnancy test kits
- Hearing aids and batteries
- Ambulance services
- Prescription eyeglasses
- Nursing services
- Physical therapy
To learn even more about HSA-eligible items, check out our extensive list.
As you may know, anyone who has a flexible spending account (FSA), can use their contributions to cover doctor visits (preventative, primary care, and specialists) and prescriptions. However, what you might not know is that any saved FSA dollars can also cover these commonly used products and services.
- Dental services: including orthodontics
- Vision products and services: including corrective procedures such as LASIK
- Therapeutic services: including physical therapy & chiropractic care
- Diagnostic procedures: including labs, scans, imaging
- Mental health services: including psychiatric care, therapy & counseling
- Medical supplies: including bandages, crutches, wheelchairs
- Over-the-Counter Medications: such as Tylenol, Advil, Zyrtec
- Fertility treatments: such as IVF, or birth control products
- Baby care items: such as breast pumps & supplies
- Long term care: including nursing services
To learn even more about FSA eligible items, check out our extensive list.