An Incentive Plan For Spousal Expenses
SpouseSaver Incentive Account
Savings & Ingenuity
Your employer has chosen to offer SpouseSaver, an innovative company incentive that can pay up to 100% of your spouse’s in-network, out-of-pocket expenses, such as deductibles, copays and coinsurance.
Working With You
Out-of-pocket expense coverage
Spouse Saver is a NueSynergy product that provides an option for the spouse of a benefit eligible employee to enroll in an alternate health insurance plan for the opportunity to have up to 100% coverage of the spouse’s in-network, out-of-pocket expenses.
Who is eligible?
If an employees spouse is currently on the group health plan, he/she can participate by moving from that plan and electing to enroll in alternate group coverage. In fact, if it makes sense for the employee, their dependent(s) can also move to the spouse’s coverage to take full advantage of additional Spouse Saver account incentives offered by the employer.
Determine if your spouse is eligible for the Spouse Saver incentive account:
- Spouses (and eligible dependents(s) and/or employee(s) must currently be enrolled in the employee medical plan to be eligible for Spouse Saver
- Depending on your employer, new hire or newly eligible spouses (an eligible dependent(s) and/or employees) may not be eligible
Some alternate coverage may not meet eligible requirements
- High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with active contributions to a Health Savings Account (HSA). The Spouse Saver may impact the ability to contribute to an HSA if your spouse enrolls in an HSA-Qualified deductible health plan. Consult a tax professional for regulations and restrictions.
- Medicaid, Medicare, Tricare, Coverage through the exchange, including an individual policy or Limited Benefit Health Plan.
- Healthcare Exchange policy made available through the Affordable Care Act.