by admin | Dec 13, 2022 | Blog
A Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account (LPFSA) is an account designed to allow participants to set aside pre-tax dollars for dental, vision and orthodontia expenses for themselves and their dependents. As mentioned earlier, the benefits of enrolling in a LPFSA are limitless.
Below is a list of eight pre-taxable items a participant can use to fund their Limited Purpose FSA.
1. Artificial teeth
2. Dental treatment: x-rays, fillings, dentures, root canals
3. Dental co-insurance, co-payments, and deductibles
4. Eye surgery (includes cataract and LASIK)
5. Vision co-insurance, co-payments, and deductibles
6. Prescription eyeglasses, sunglasses, and over-the-counter reading glasses
7. Contact lenses, solution, equipment, and materials
8. Occlusal guards
To learn even more about LPFSA-eligible items, check out our extensive list.
by admin | Jul 25, 2022 | Blog
A limited-purpose FSA (LPFSA) is a Health Savings Account (HSA) eligible FSA plan that allows you to set aside pre-tax dollars for dental, vision, and orthodontia expenses for you and your dependents, even if they are not covered under your primary health plan. The Limited Purpose FSA covers these eligible expenses, tax-free while your HSA covers eligible medical expenses. It’s a great way to save on HSA dollars – especially if you choose to use your account to invest.
There is an abundance of benefits by enrolling in a LPFSA, notably:
- At the outset of the plan year, your LPFSA is pre-funded, and your full contribution amount is immediately available for use.
- In addition to your HSA contributions, you are able to set aside additional LPFSA tax-free contributions, up to $2,850 in 2022.
- Preserve HSA funds for other purposes, like investing or saving for retirement.
- Money contributed to a limited-purpose FSA is tax-free when it’s spent on eligible dental, vision, and orthodontia expenses, including dental exams, x-rays, vison exams, and much more.