When you participate in a payroll deduction program through your employer, deductions can be taken from your payroll before calculating your taxable federal income, FICA (Social Security and Medicare) tax and for most states, taxable state income. By taking deductions pre-tax, you reduce the dollars on which you are taxed and, as a result, reduce your total tax bill.
You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.Unsure of the difference between a grace period and the carryover? Wondering what happens to your HSA if you switch employers or retire? Not sure which plan documents you need to ensure your group plan is compliant?
NueSynergy wants to make sure you understand the ins and outs of your benefit account, so we have put together a comprehensive list of the most common questions we receive about employee benefits.
Did we not answer your question? Contact our team to get the answers you need and help us improve our list.
• Change in legal marital status (marriage, death of spouse, divorce, legal separation, annulment)
• Change in number of tax dependents (birth, death of dependent, adoption or placement for adoption)
• Change in dependent’s eligibility
• Change in employment status of employee, spouse or dependents
• Other changes that may permit an election change under the Dependent Care FSA are:
○ Change of dependent care provider
○ Change of rate charged by unrelated dependent care provider
○ Child attaining age 13
Election changes must be consistent with the event. If you experience a Change in Status, please review your Summary Plan Description, as it will provide you with important information on the deadline for reporting this event.
Participants can fax, email or mail claims and supporting documentation for their parking expenses directly to NueSynergy. You may also submit claims online through the participant online portal. Supporting documentation can be a receipt, a bill, and/or a signed affidavit validating the submitted expense. After the claim has been reviewed and the expense approved, payment is then issued to the participant via direct deposit or a check. Claims are processed daily and payments are issued at least once per week. Mass transit expenses must be paid for using the NueSynergy benefits card.