Determine if your spouse is eligible for the Spouse Saver incentive account:
- Spouses (and eligible dependents(s) and/or employee(s) must currently be enrolled in the employee medical plan to be eligible for Spouse Saver
- Depending on your employer, new hire or newly eligible spouses (an eligible dependent(s) and/or employees) may not be eligible
Some alternate coverage may not meet eligible requirements
- High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with active contributions to a Health Savings Account (HSA). The Spouse Saver may impact the ability to contribute to an HSA if your spouse enrolls in an HSA-Qualified deductible health plan. Consult a tax professional for regulations and restrictions.
- Medicaid, Medicare, Tricare, Coverage through the exchange, including an individual policy or Limited Benefit Health Plan.
- Healthcare Exchange policy made available through the Affordable Care Act.